Casual Beach Attendants / Drivers in Weymouth, Dorset
Summer Season Temporary Contract
£6.31 – £6.60 per hour DOE
Hours will be via a rota system (Monday to Sunday Inc. Bank Holidays)
Immediate Starts Available
Our client is now seeking casual staff to cover the summer season, working with the Beach Control Division. You must have previously experience dealing with the general public directly, excellent communication and customer service skills. You will be PC literature with Word and Excel. It is essential you hold a clean valid driving licence as you will be required to drive company vehicles – Flatbed trucks and Luton vans. Without this, your application will be rejected, so please ensure it is shown on CV. We will also need employment references covering the previous two years.
The job role involves the following:
- Undertake duties relating to the operation of the Council’s Beach and Esplanade based services such as the hiring of deckchairs, volleyball courts, etc.
- Be responsible for the collection of Council monies in respect of the Beach and Esplanade based services e.g. Deck chairs
- Assist with the set-up, maintenance and upkeep of Weymouth Seafront e.g. Signage, bins, flag poles
- To respond and deal with incidents such as first aid, lost children, missing persons etc.
- Assist with the daily operational requirements and duties of the Council’s events and activities programme (set-up, operational needs e.g. public safety and crowd control; and removal of equipment )
- To enhance the public image of the Council and its services by providing advice and information to members of the public
- The Beach area functions 6 days per week, a huge degree of flexibility is therefore required in relation to work rotas depending on beach activity at any given time.
- Daily requirement is subject to weather conditions and therefore only hours actually worked will be paid
- Must have excellent numerate and communication skills
- A life guarding or lifesaving / first aid qualification would be an advantage but not essential
- This is a physically demanding position
- The post is subject to a Criminal Records Check
This role would suit candidates whom work in the winter seasons, attending college or university or someone seeking summer contract work only. There are no permanent opportunities, just contract work.
If you are able to commit to hours between April and September 2014 please get in contact. Interviews will be held in March. If successful, our client may invite you back for the summer season of 2015 and 2016.
To apply for these positions please register your CV via our website for Casual Beach Attendants / Drivers in Weymouth, Dorset
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
City Centre Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
City Centre Recruitment is acting as an employment business in relation to Casual Beach Attendants / Drivers in Weymouth, Dorset